Last Updated: January 30, 2016
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE
Contact and Electronic Communications. By accessing the USA Trace website, you consent to having this agreement provided to you in electronic form and that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing. You acknowledge that when you provide any contact information, including an email address or telephone number in connection with that activity, product or service (“Contact Information”), you agree that this action constitutes an inquiry establishing a business relationship with us. You expressly consent to our communicating with you about the services available through our website using the Contact Information you provided to us.
YOUR USE OF THE USA TRACE SEARCH SERVICE
USA Trace provides a search of public records and publicly available sources of information that are subsequently aggregated for your convenience into report form by third-party fulfillment. The search reports are provided for informational purposes only. While data sources are constantly updated and refined, we do not represent or warrant that the results provided will be 100% accurate and up to date and, as such, USA Trace shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness, availability or unavailability of any information provided. USA Trace does not make any representation or warranty as to the character or the integrity of the person who is the subject of any people searches.
USA TRACE IS NOT A CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY FOR PURPOSES OF THE FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT (“FCRA”). AS SUCH, THE ADDITIONAL PROTECTIONS AFFORDED TO CONSUMERS, AND OBLIGATIONS PLACED UPON CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES, ARE NOT CONTEMPLATED BY, NOR CONTAINED WITHIN, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Restrictions on your Use of our Services. You may not use any information obtained from these searches in connection with determining a prospective candidate’s suitability for:
- Credit and/or Loan Eligibility
- Health insurance or any other insurance
- Employment or Screening Services
- Determination of any type of insurance coverage
- Education, Scholarships, or Fellowships
- Housing or Other Accommodations
- Benefits, Privileges, or Services whether inside of outside of the household
- Employment Screening inside or outside of the household
Further, by utilizing any services linked to USA Trace, you agree that:
- The Services you have requested are only for appropriate, legal purposes, and in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- You will not use the Services or information derived from the Services in combination with any purpose or personal information covered under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Driver’s Protection Policy Act (DPPA), or the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- You will not use the Services to send any commercial email or SMS that does not comply with CAN-SPAM, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, or any other applicable state law.
- You will not use the Services or information derived from the Services to embarrass, bother, stalk, bother, harass, or threaten any individual.
- Our Services cannot be used to locate individuals under the age of 18.
- You will not use the Services for any illegal activities whether directly or indirectly.
Registration Obligations. In consideration of your use of the Services linked by USA Trace, you represent and agree that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving these services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction and will provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the people search fulfillment companies.
Security of Username and Password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account for any Services you interact with via the USA Trace website. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under these accounts. We will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge.
USA TRACE SERVICES
Social Security Number (SSN) Searches. You may submit a People Search on the basis of a full subject name and partial social security number. Returned reports may include such information as name, AKAs, phone, current address, month/year of birth, relatives, and criminal records.
Address Searches. You may submit a People Search on the basis of a full subject name and last known address (City*, State). Returned reports may include such information as name, AKAs, phone, current address, month/year of birth, relatives and criminal records. (*optional)
Q: Are the searches confidential?
A: Yes, all searches initiated on the USA Trace website are completely confidential. However, the information submitted/transmitted to third party websites are subject to the privacy terms and conditions of those websites.
Q: Will the person I requested information about know that I am trying to find his/her information?
A: No. The subject has no way of knowing about the search or who ordered it. The same holds true for any type of search provided – no one will know about your search unless you tell them yourself.
Q: I need a social security number or date of birth. Will you provide this information?
A: Neither USA Trace nor the third party websites linked to through USA Trace will provide highly restricted personal information.
The accuracy of search criteria submitted by the user (you) will directly determine search results. If you request a SSN Search or Address Search, you will receive preview information to ensure that the correct person has been identified. If the preview information provided is insufficient for you to determine that the search service has identified the correct individual, there is no obligation to purchase a report.
USA Trace will not be held responsible for information submitted on search request forms by the user that later has been determined to be incorrect after the search has already been completed.
The extent of information provided in criminal records for each state varies and is governed by the laws of each individual state. Only final convictions will be provided. Information on arrests, deferred disposition, or cases that are considered open or undisposed are not provided because such cases are not considered final convictions. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of criminal records provided due to various state laws governing the release of criminal records.
Any other refund related issues are subject to the specific policies of the third party fulfilling and providing the people search report.
Items that will NOT appear on the Profile
- Banking Information
- Personal or Highly Restricted Personal Information from DMV records (DPPA)
- Criminal cases without a final disposition
- Wants and Warrants
- Divorce Records (must be searched through the courthouse)
- Marriage Records (must be searched through the courthouse)
- Medical Records
- Military Records
- E-Mail addresses (not related to “public record information”)
- Employment History
- Full SSN’S (Highly Restricted Personal Information)
- Full DOB’S (Highly Restricted Personal Information)
- Full DL#’S (Highly Restricted Personal Information)
- Unlisted Phone Numbers
- Credit Reports/Credit History (although you may be given information on judgments/liens/bankruptcies)
USA Trace is able to provide near instant preview results for people searches (subject to user connection speed and barring any technical issues with the USA Trace website. Full reports are typically available instantly upon purchase subject to the terms and conditions of the third party fulfillment company that provides these reports. It is our policy to partner with the best people search companies to provide instant, accurate reports, but the time to delivery may vary. Please check the terms, conditions and policies of the source of the reports once prior to ordering.
By accepting these terms and conditions you understand and accept the provisions outlined above when you submit this order and search request. You also agree that this information will not be used in any harmful, negligent, or illegal manner, and you will abide by all rules and federal and state laws governing use of this information. You also agree that neither USA Trace, nor any of its providers of information shall incur any liability for the inaccuracy of any information contained in the reports provided by us, or for any delays or omissions therein.
By accepting these terms and conditions you release USA Trace or any affiliates, including any information providers public or private from any and all liability but not limited to losses, damages or injuries in any way connected with the information or dissemination of information provided to you by USA Trace, but not limited to, inaccurate information, omitted information, or delayed information. Also, by accepting these terms you agree that you will not use this information or disseminate this information in any harmful, negligent, or illegal manner. In addition, you will comply with all laws governing use of this data.